2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Chef #367022 homebody's Note:
Great use for an inexpensive cut of pork. Pork shoulder or pork butt. I finally got my kids to eat black beans because they were too busy spooning it in they didn't notice them. You could also top this with a corn bread crust. Truly, out of the ordinary recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans (drained)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder, in 1-inch pieces
- 4 carrots, cut in 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Add meat to 1 T. oil and brown meat. Remove.
- 2Add 1 T. oil to pan and add onions & carrots. cook 10 minutes.
- 3Stir in jalapenos, garlic, spices.
- 4Add tomatoes with juice and pork.
- 5Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer 2 hours.
- 6Add beans and fresh cilantro, cook five minutes more.
- 7Serve with choice of sour cream, shredded cheese and onions.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork & Black Bean Chili
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.7
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 80.5 mg
- Sodium 503.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 26.9 g