Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Another freezer friendly lunch box recipe.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 teaspoons ketchup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 1 (14 ounce) package puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Beat egg and then add next five ingredients. (Add additional spices and hot sauce if desired if these are not for the kids). Mix well.
- Add ground pork and mix well. Divide into 4 equal portions and shape into 10 1/2 inch long roll. Place on wax paper lined baking sheet. Freeze until firm-approx. 2 hours.
- Roll out 1/2 of the puff pastry on a floured surface to a 10 inch square. Keep remaining pastry chilled. Cut square into 2 equal rectangles. Place 1 pork roll at the edge of the long side of 1 rectangle. Brush seem with beaten egg and roll up. Brush top with beaten egg then cut into 1 inch slices and arrange slices on baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining pastry and filling.
- Bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Freezes great!
I omitted both eggs due to allergies. Meat never really sticks to the dough maybe due to this omission. The taste was ok, nothing special. They do freeze well, but the pork makes a bit too greasy. Won't be making these again, sorry.
Party sausage rolls - yum
Very tasty indeed - The kids really enjoyed these. Fortunately I had doubled the recipe... Also added a couple of tablespoons of tomato paste along with the ketchup. They've already been requested again! Thanks for this recipe.