Pork belly stew is absolutely comfort food for Chinese. It might look a little fatty but actually after simmering, the fat tastes chewy and goes very good with steamed rice!!
- In a non-stick skillet, heat grape seed oil over a little over medium.
- When oil becomes hot, pan fry both sides of pork belly chunks until a little brown.
- Transfer meat in a soup pot and add rest of all ingredients. Make sure rice wine covers 1 inch higher than meat. If not, add more michiu or some water.
- Turn on heat over high and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer until meat becomes tender, about 50-60 minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.