Recipe by Zobeed
I got the original recipe off the Epicurious web site. This is my variation. Everyone goes nuts for this chili and are amazed that it's not an all day affair.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced (use more if you want)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans or 3 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans or 3 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans or 3 (15 ounce) cans white beans (your choice I use a variety)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans low sodium beef broth (or homemade)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground pork and ground beef.
- Add garlic to ground meat and sauté 1 minute.
- Add water and beer to meat and garlic; bring to boil.
- Add cumin, chili powder, oregano, and cayenne pepper.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, sugar, diced tomatoes, peppers, beans and beef broth and simmer 30 minutes.
- If chili is too thick for you (I like mine thick), add some additional water.