Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Cooked over coals on a griddle with lid or cooked under a broiler. It is a quick kid pleaser.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork & beans
- 6 slices sandwich bread or 3 split hamburger buns
- 6 teaspoons margarine
- 6 slices Velveeta cheese
- Spread margarine on bread or buns.
- Spread pork & beans on the bread.
- Place a slice of cheese on top. Broil until cheese starts to melt.
- Note: You can add diced green chilies or crumbled cooked bacon to each sandwich before the cheese is added.
made for the kids yesterday & they loved it. used bacon with it. kids suggested to chop up little smokies & add next time, so I will. make sure you have a spoon for scoop up anything that falls off the bun. really nummy