Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Like nothing I have ever heard of before. It's like a spice type of cake.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1⁄4 cup softened oleo or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, apple pie spice,salt and baking powder.
- Add eggs and oil.
- Blend until smooth.
- Blend pork and beans with mixer until smooth.
- Add crushed pineapple and pork and beans to batter and blend.
- Pour into greased Bundt pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool and frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Frosting: Blend butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread on cooled cake and sprinkle with pecans.
Served this at tonite's card party and received raves. Passed out the recipe and one said this is now her favorite cake of all time. I followed the recipe exactly except for the frosting. I cheated and used a can of cream cheese frosting that I wanted to use up and used walnuts instead of pecans as that was all I had. Also had to bake it for about 50 min. This cake is incredibly moist, not too sweet, and very good. Thanks kuntryqtpi for posting this.
I haven't made this cake yet but plan to very soon. I had it at a work potluck and it is delicious! I would have never tried it if I had known what the secret ingredient was. After I heard what was in it, I knew I could find it here on the "zaar". Thanks for posting it!