Recipe by Celeste :)
A zippy mixture, Jamaican jerk seasoning usually includes allspice, thyme, and Scotch bonnet chile peppers. Spices such as cinnamon, cloves, black pepper, bay leaves, and nutmeg may also be added.
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced honeydews
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced cantaloupe
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced watermelon
- 1 tablespoon snipped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) pork tenderloin (about 1 1/2 lbs. total)
Directions See How It's Made
- For salsa, combine honeydew, cantaloupe, watermelon, mint, lemon juice, and honey in a medium mixing bowl. Cover and chill for up to 1 hour.
- Sprinkle Jamaican jerk seasoning evenly over meat, pressing onto surface.
- For a charcoal grill, arrange hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium-high heat above pan. Place meat on grill rack over pan. Cover and grill for 30-35 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 155*F.
- For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium-high. Adjust for indirect cooking. Grill as above.
- Remove meat from grill. Cover with foil and let stand for 10 minutes. (The meat's temperature will rise 5*F during standing.) Slice pork diagonally and serve with salsa.