Recipe by 4martinsx5
I found this recipe in our Sunday news, tried it and love it! A lot of prep but worth the taste!
Top Review by lauriekram
Outstanding... the meat was SO good before adding the barbeque, I divided it in half and used half that night as the barbeque and half a couple of nights later by itself - served with parmesano noodles and asparagus! Everyone loved it both ways! Thank you!!
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast tenderloin either in the oven or crock pot (all day- 275 or 2- 3 hours 450) In a small cup combine 1 T brown sugar, paprika, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp salt, cumin and chili powder.
- After the pork is cooked and shredded, place on a piece of wax paper.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over the pork, patting the meat to help the spices stick to it.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet.
- Swirl in the oil, then add the pork.
- Cook until the pork is well browned or to your preference.
- Combine remaining 2 T brown sugar, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp salt, vinegar, water, ketchup, onion, garlic and red pepper in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat slightly and boil until reduced to 3/4 cup; about 15 minutes.
- Combine pork and sauce, serve on hamburger rolls.