Recipe by LaurieL.
I found this recipe in a taste of home magazine, and made a few adjustments and now I will never use another pork bbq recipe again! My husband kept saying it was some of the best he ever tasted! The Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce made alot of difference! You can find it in most grocery stores! The pork shoulder butt roast, is the most tender I think.
Top Review by AustinsAm
Delicious! So nice to put this in the crockpot & forget about it! I used a pork sirloin roast, and it worked great! Next time I may double the sauce-it was a tad dry. Hubby loved it! Thanks Laurie :)
- 1 (2 -3 lb) pork shoulder butt, boneless (2-3 pounds)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packet onion soup mix (1.5 ounce envelope)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 -6 hoagie rolls
- American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pork in crockpot. Combine the water, soup mix and garlic; pour over the meat. Cover and turn crockpot on low for 6-7 hours. The pork will be very tender.
- Remove the meat and shred with a fork. Place in a seperate bowl.
- In a saucepan, mix together 2 Tablespoons of soup liquid that was left in the crockpot, the barbecue sauce, ketchup and brown sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Spoon sauce over shredded meat and mix together.
- Serve on steak rolls, and top with slices of american cheese.