Recipe by JustJanS
Another pork curry I found on the internet. It's delicious!
Top Review by RicaPreciosa
Yummy!! Super easy to prep and made the house smell amazing... next time I make this, I will go easy on the red pepper flake. I will definitely keep this recipe around for those impromptu curry cravings!!
- 680.38 g ground lean pork
- 177.44 ml soft breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 177.44 ml finely chopped onion
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79-29.58 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 14.79 ml curry powder
- 9.85 ml fresh ginger, grated
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml tomato sauce (or puree)
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 177.44 ml sour cream
- chopped mint (to garnish) or coriander (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground pork, bread crumbs, egg, onion and salt.
- Shape into 1 1/2-inch balls (about 30).
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Add half pork balls and cook, shaking pan to brown all sides.
- Remove browned balls from pan and repeat with remainder.
- Remove browned balls from pan; pour off fat, measure and return 2 tablespoons to pan.
- Add red peppers, curry powder and ginger; cook and stir about 1 minute.
- Add onions, garlic, vinegar, tomato sauce, sugar and chicken broth; stir to blend and bring to a boil.
- Add pork balls; cover; reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Push balls to one side and stir in sour cream; carefully mix sauce and balls.
- Serve with noodles or rice, if desired and fresh herbs scattered to garnish.