Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another pork curry I found on the internet. It's delicious!
Make and share this Pork Balls in Curry Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground lean pork
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or puree)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- chopped mint (to garnish) or coriander (to garnish)
- Combine ground pork, bread crumbs, egg, onion and salt.
- Shape into 1 1/2-inch balls (about 30).
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Add half pork balls and cook, shaking pan to brown all sides.
- Remove browned balls from pan and repeat with remainder.
- Remove browned balls from pan; pour off fat, measure and return 2 tablespoons to pan.
- Add red peppers, curry powder and ginger; cook and stir about 1 minute.
- Add onions, garlic, vinegar, tomato sauce, sugar and chicken broth; stir to blend and bring to a boil.
- Add pork balls; cover; reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Push balls to one side and stir in sour cream; carefully mix sauce and balls.
- Serve with noodles or rice, if desired and fresh herbs scattered to garnish.
Yummy!! Super easy to prep and made the house smell amazing... next time I make this, I will go easy on the red pepper flake. I will definitely keep this recipe around for those impromptu curry cravings!!
I give it 10 stars! Made this pretty much as written, just substituting cayenne for the red pepper flakes as my DH seems to have an allergy to those. WE TOTALLY ADORED IT!! So much so we have now cooked this 6 times in 4 weeks. Wonderful to make double and freeze the rest. This dish deserves much higher rating!! Thanks so much for sharing!
I totally forgot to add the sour cream & this dish was DELICIOUS!! Then at the last minute, I did add the sour cream... even better! Spicy & wonderful! Absolutely loved it & will be making this for our holiday open house this year.