Recipe by fishywitch
This is from Everday Food. Was just going to post for myself, but thought; why not share? My family is not too fond of onions so I think I will substitute sweet onions though. Have not tried yet, but plan on making this coming weekend.
- vegetable oil, for grates
- 1⁄4 cup apricot jam
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- coarse salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 8 apricots
- 1 small red onion, cut into 2-inch wedges, layers separated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill to medium: lightly oil grates. Soak four 12-inch wooden skewers in a shallow dish of water for 15 minutes (or use metal ones).
- Make basting sauce: In a small saucepan, heat jam, cayenne, and 1 tablespoon water over medium-low heat until jam is liquified; season with salt and pepper.
- Onto each skewer, alternately thread 5 pieces of pork with 8 of apricot and 4 of onion, beginning and ending with pork. Grill kebabs; turning occasionally; brushing with basting sauce, until pork is cooked through and apricots begin to char.