Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a great simple recipe. The applesauce and sage combine to add a subtle tasty coating for the pork. I have used dried sage with this also without a problem.
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, finely chopped
- 8 pork schnitzels, uncrumbed
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- oil, to shallow fry
- Combine applesauce, sage and pepper.
- Coat schnitzel with applesauce mixture.
- Cover both sides with breadcrumbs. Regrigerate for 30 minutes (optional).
- Shallow fry in hot oil for approximately 2 or 3 minutes each side until golden.
This really didn't work for us. I have made numerous schnitzel in my time and never had any of them come out...DH called it mushy. The flavor was good but the technique was lacking. Thanks for letting me try your recipe. :)
Loved the flavors and what the applesauce did to it. Very moist and the breading stayed on the pork (I did refrigerate it for the 30 minutes). Will make this again. DS came up and ate the last three pieces of pork and said "Tastey, I like it" - high praise from him. Made for Aus/NZ Swap 37
Made for Holiday Tag. I had some trouble with the breading burning a bit...maybe because my applesauce was sweetened .Loved the sage/apple flavour alot! Of course we had applesauce on the side!