Recipe by Oolala
Uses a few boxed ingredients...not for a all, but it sounds easy and tasty for a weeknight or whenever you don't want to fuss too much. From Family Circle magazine. Says this is high fiber.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless center cut pork chops (4)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) boxcrispy potatoes, roasted garlic and herb, Betty Crocker makes it
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place chops on a cutting board.
- Remove seasoning packet from the potato package; sprinkle 1/2 teaspoons of the seasoning on the chops, reserving the rest, and then sprinkle chops with the pepper.
- Heat the oil in a 10 inch skillet over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes and add the chops.
- Cook the chops 3 minutes on one side until nicely browned and flip over and cook the other side about 2 minutes until browned.
- Move pork to a baking sheet and tranfer to the oven and bake for about 7-9 minutes until an instant read thermometer reads 160 degrees in center of the chop.
- Cover with foil and keep warm.
- Meanwhile add potatoes and 1 3/4 cups of water to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover the potatoes and add the apple slices and remaining seasoning from the packet.
- Cook 7 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and mixture begins to sizzle.
- Stir in peas and cook 3 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in cheddar cheese.
- Transfer potato mixture to a platter and top with the pork and serve.