Recipe by Queen of Everything
A sweet way to get the kids to eat their veggies.
Top Review by Rjj
This is soooo good. I have often used apples with cabbage but never thought to use juice. The first time I used regular and the second, I used unsweetened. Think I will stick with the unsweetened. This is definitely a favorite of mine.
- 1⁄2 lb pork chop
- 16 ounces shredded cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded apple
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pork into bite sized pieces.
- Season pork with ginger and 2 T. of the brown sugar and stir fry on high heat in olive oil until browned and cooked through.
- Remove pork from the pan and deglaze with apple and lemon juices.
- Add cabbage, carrots and apples and remaining brown sugar and turn heat down to medium.
- Cook veggies until tender-crisp and add pork back to pan and combine well.