Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
We love pork at our house, and this is one of my family's favorite pork recipes, and I make this quite often in the cold months, you could use just about any cut of boneless pork meat that you have on hand for this recipe...this will become one of your favorites, I am sure.
- 4 tablespoons oil, divided
- 2 lbs boneless pork, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 -3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 1⁄2 cups diagonally sliced carrots
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- salt and pepper
- In a 4-qt Dutch oven, heat 2 tbsp oil over med-high heat.
- Brown the pork; remove from pan.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan, or use the same oil from the pork.
- Saute onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Return the pork to the pot.
- Add mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add squash; simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve over egg noodles if desired.