Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is adapted from another leftover meat casserole. After experimenting, I find this combination of ingredients to be to our liking. You can use either chicken or beef broth, and for the meat I found that pork or lamb works best.
- 2 cups cooked pork, cubed (or lamb)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup whole wheat ziti, cooked
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup (or 1 can brown gravy)
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions. You only need about 1 or 1.5 cups raw hearty pasta.
- Bring the stock or broth to a simmer in a medium pot. Add the carrots first while cutting up the other veggies. Add the celery next while cutting the onions. When all carrots and celery are fork tender, remove from broth and place in the bottom of a sprayed casserole dish.
- Mix the remaining (about 1 cup) stock with the Golden Mushroom Soup and Tomato Soup.
- Spray coat a casserole dish and layer veggies, meat and pasta in that order. Pour mixed soups over all. (Can cover and refrigerate until ready to bake at this point.).
- Sprinkle bread crumbs and Parmesean over the top.
- Bake at 350 F for 30-40 minutes until hot.