Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Found at www.pork.co.nz, a recipe by Pip Duncan.
- 1 kg pork fillet, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 2 medium kumara, peeled and cubed
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef stock
- 400 g Italian tomatoes
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 300 g mint flavoured peas
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a wok or fry pan to high, add pork and brown on all sides. Remove pork with a slotted spoon and place onto paper towels.
- Reduce heat in wok. Add onion and red pepper and quickly stir- fry for 2-3 minutes then add kumara and potatoes. Sprinkle over curry powder, drizzle over extra oil (if necessary) and toss for 1 minutes until well combined. Pour in stock, stir in tomatoes and lemon juice.
- Transfer pork and vegetable mixture to the inner bowl of crock-pot, cover with lid and cook for 5 hours as per instructions in your crock-pot manual.
- Add peas 15 minutes before serving.