Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork chops, boneless, 4, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 onion, medium, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 zucchini, medium, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup canned tomato, diced
- 14 1⁄2 ounces canned low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, torn
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- Combine bake mix, salt and pepper in a plastic bag. Add pork pieces and shake to coat. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and green pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes, until vegetables are softened. Add garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds. Transfer vegetables to a bowl and set aside.
- Wipe down pot. Heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Sauté pork on all sides, until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Return sautéed vegetables to pot. Add zucchini, tomatoes and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, until pork is tender. Stir in basil and oregano, season with salt and pepper, and serve.