1/8 Photos of Pork and Vegetable Lo Mein (Easy and Delicious)
My family loves this hearty main dish. I get requests for it often. It's very quick and easy to prepare, great for when you're in a hurry. You can buy a couple of the ingredients already prepared in the produce section of the grocery store, if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked al dente and drained
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, sliced thinly into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced in wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (see note below)
- 2 stalks bok choy, sliced (or celery ribs)
- 1 cup sliced carrot (see note below)
- 2 sweet bell peppers, thinly sliced (red-orange-or yellow)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1***NOTE:I like to buy the coleslaw mix in the produce section.
- 2Already shredded--a real time saver.
- 3***NOTE:If I'm in a hurry, I also buy the carrots already shredded in the produce section, and use instead of sliced.
- 4Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet or wok.
- 5Sauté pork, onion, garlic and pepper flakes until meat is no longer pink.
- 6Remove this mixture from pan and keep warm.
- 7Add remaining tbsp of oil (or more as needed) to pan and sauté cabbage, bok choy or celery, carrots and peppers until crisp tender.
- 8Add spaghetti to cooked veggies in the pan.
- 9Stir in soy sauce and add pork mixture back to the pan.
- 10Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- 11(At this step, I like to get the noodles nice and dark, by cooking a bit longer. You decide).
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork and Vegetable Lo Mein (Easy and Delicious)
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.5
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 1438.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 35.1 g