Recipe by Mamie37
Easy and fun to put together, and great for the grill.
Top Review by Susie D
We enjoyed these even though made on an indoor contact grill. I had tiny baby eggplant on hand so threaded them onto the skewers whole along with 3 colors of peppers, wedges of onions, & chunks of yellow squash. I elected to add a clove of garlic to the seasoning paste too. The skewers were threaded in early afternoon & prepared later. the simple spices had time to marinate the meat & veggies and everything turned out delicious! This made a nice summer meal! Thank you for sharing the recipe!
- 1 pork tenderloin, cut into large cubes
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 2 red peppers, cubes
- 2 onions, cubed
- 1 lb large button mushroom
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper, about 6 twists
- bamboo skewer, soaked in water for 30 minutes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut all cubed ingredients about 1 inch square.
- In a food processor, pulse the oil, salt and pepper, and basil leaves until just combined.
- Thread the pork and vegetables onto the skewers, alternating each one after the other.
- Brush with the oil basil mixture and grill on a medium fire turning often, and brushing with basil and oil until pork is just done.