Recipe by ~Nimz~
On labor day we had a kabob feast and I came up with this one on my own. We really enjoyed the sweet taste of the pineapple combined with onion and mushrooms. Hope you enjoy. Prep time includes Marinade time.
- 1⁄3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried savory, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb lean boneless pork (I use butterfly pork loins)
- 1 -2 onion, slices in chunks
- 1 (8 -16 ounce) can pineapple chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- For Marinade: Combine all marinade ingredients.
- To Prepare Meat:.
- Trim fat from meat.
- Cut pork into 1 inch cubes.
- Place pork in a plastic bag and pour marinade over the pork to coat well.
- Seal bag and turn pork to coat well.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- To Prepare Kabobs:.
- Remove pork from bag, reserving marinade.
- On long metal skewers, alternate pork, onion, mushrooms and pineapple leaving about 1/8 inch between pieces.
- Grill kabobs on the grill rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 14 minutes or till pork is tender and juices run clear, turning once and brushing with reserved marinade halfway through cooking time.