Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Almost a stew its so hearty. Very healthy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 600 g ground lean pork
- 1 medium onion
- 2 carrots, fresh, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery rib, trimmed, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 800 g canned tomatoes, chopped
- 400 g cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 300 g fresh spinach
- 200 g fresh green beans
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add pork mince, onions, carrots and celery.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until onions are translucent.
- Add stock, tomatoes, cannellini beans, garlic, thyme and fennel.
- Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and green beans and simmer for a further 10min or until vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Excellent recipe! We thoroughly enjoyed this for a VERY hearty lunch with crusty bread. I had no spinach unfortunately, and I had to use fresh tomatoes which did not impart much colour - but the flavour was there however! I used some left over pulled pork from my own Porchetta recipe and tinned beans as suggested. Excellent flavours and a very useful recipe to keep for the future. Made for PAC Spring 2008 - thanks Abby! FT:-)