Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a traditional Italian sauce, its a rich sauce though so not a light meal! :) Enjoy! So very meaty, yum!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean premium grade minced beef
- 1 medium pork rib rack
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped red capsicum
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, with juices,pureed in processor or blender
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped oregano leaves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil leaves
- freshly grated parmesan cheese or romano cheese
- Put Oil and garlic in large pot and let stand cold for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add sugar.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the mince and ribs.
- Break mince apart with a spoon.
- Add the fennel, thyme salt and pepper.
- Continue to sauté until lightly browned.
- Add the onions and red capicum.
- Sauté until the mince and ribs are browned and the vegetables are tender.
- Add the wine and deglaze the pan, scraping up all the browned bits.
- Turn heat down to a low heat.
- Add the tomatoes, oregano, parsley and basil.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cover for around 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If you want to thicken the sauce, remove the lid and cook until the desired thickness.
- The sauce is a slow cookig sauce, so make sure the ribs are completely cooked before removing from heat.
- Cook fresh al dente Fettachine.
- Remove ribs.
- Toss pasta and sauce well over the heat for about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately, garnishing with cheese Serve ribs on the side or on top of dish.