Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Zesty Italian sausage and sun-dried tomatoes coated in a rich tomato-cream sauce and served on a bed of hot fettuccine. If you like your dishes spicy, toss in a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes. From Taste Of Home's "Quick Cooking" 2012 cookbook.
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup julienned sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- hot cooked fettuccine pasta
- shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in cream and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Ladle sauce over fettuccine and sprinkle with shredded Parmesan.