Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great quick weeknight meal. It only takes me about 20 minutes to put this together from start to finish and we all love it.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1⁄2 lb lean pork, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 lb firm tofu (not silken tofu) or 1 lb soft tofu (not silken tofu)
- 2 ounces bamboo shoots (optional)
- 2 scallions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (optional)
- It is best to have everything prepped before starting.
- Combine the stock, soy sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, and chili-garlic sauce.
- Heat wok or large frying pan to medium hot.
- Add the oil, pork, garlic, and pepper flakes.
- Stir frequently to prevent garlic from burning and cook until pork is cooked through and lightly browned.
- Add the tofu and bamboo shoots and stir gently until heated through.
- Only about 1 minute.
- Stir the sauce one last time and pour into wok or pan.
- Stir gently until sauce is thickened and the tofu and pork is totally covered by sauce.
- Top with scallions.
- Eat alongside or over steamed rice and with an Asian veggie.