This is a great quick weeknight meal. It only takes me about 20 minutes to put this together from start to finish and we all love it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 lb lean pork, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 lb firm tofu (not silken tofu) or 1 lb soft tofu (not silken tofu)
- 2 ounces bamboo shoots (optional)
- 2 scallions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 -1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (optional)
- 1It is best to have everything prepped before starting.
- 2Combine the stock, soy sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, and chili-garlic sauce.
- 3Heat wok or large frying pan to medium hot.
- 4Add the oil, pork, garlic, and pepper flakes.
- 5Stir frequently to prevent garlic from burning and cook until pork is cooked through and lightly browned.
- 6Add the tofu and bamboo shoots and stir gently until heated through.
- 7Only about 1 minute.
- 8Stir the sauce one last time and pour into wok or pan.
- 9Stir gently until sauce is thickened and the tofu and pork is totally covered by sauce.
- 10Top with scallions.
- 11Eat alongside or over steamed rice and with an Asian veggie.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork and Tofu Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.8
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 34.3 mg
- Sodium 338.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 22.9 g