Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another of Tomoko and my translation from our new cookbooks. We are having to guess the prep and cooking time at the moment.
- Heat the sesame oil over low to medium heat, add the garlic and ginger and cook until it is softened a little and fragrant.
- Turn the heat up to medium and add the pork.
- When the pork has changed colour add the leek and cook until the leek is golden brown.
- Add the sake and the kimchee, stir, then add the soy sauce.
- Heat gently.
- Lastly add the tofu and serve.
This was pretty easy to put together and was quite satisfying. I used napa kimchi, which is the typical variety used in stir-fry. I didn't time myself, but the prep time seems about right to me. This recipe is done a little differently than a typical Korean kimchi stir-fry, which usually starts with the kimchi. The dish retains a lot more of the "fresh" kimchi flavor, since it's added in later on. Though my boyfriend was complaining that I was "doing it wrong" as I cooked this, he liked it well enough once it was finished. I thought it was quite good and I love variety, so I'll be adding this to my Korean stir-fry repertoire. Thanks!