Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I haven't tried this yet. I sounds really good. I bet it would be good over jasmine rice.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch thick pieces
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, raw peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Spray crockery with cooking spray.
- Combine pork, sweet potatoes, onion, and green bell pepper.
- Combine tomatoes with brown sugar, cinnamon, parsley, and black pepper; pour over pork mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 8 to 10 hours. Stir to mix before serving.
This was the perfect balance of sweet and savory. Not to mention so easy! And the aroma in the apartment was fantastic. I practically had to sit on my hands to keep myself from picking at what was cooking! I did the recipe exactly as written using garlic and olive oil flavored diced tomatoes. Delish! Thank you for posting!
Easy to make and easy to eat! My husband even went back for seconds, and he's not a sweet potato fan, so it's a keeper. The only change I will make for next time is to sprinkle everything with paprika instead of the cinnamon. I also salted & peppered the pork once in the crock, but otherwise made according to the instructions. Thanks for a great recipe!