Recipe by ColoradoCookin'
Those frozen bag meals at the store are a good idea but if you can make them yourself it's even better!! I use my food saver to make two large dinners out of this dish, 4 servings per meal. I precook the chops on my foreman grill because it's so fast :)
- 8 boneless pork chops
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 apples, cored and peeled
- 2 onions, cut into small wedges
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups frozen roasted sweet potatoes
- 4 cups apple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chops into slices, not too thin or they dry out, cook lightly, do not over cook as they dry out AND they still get cooked once more. Leave a line of pink inches.
- Using 2 large ziplock freezer bags (or food saver bags), place half of cooked pork in each bag.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of oil in each bag, squish the meat around in it to coat, you might want to do this each time you add stuff to the bag. It helps keep things nicely covered.
- Place 2 chopped apples in each bag.
- 1 onion chopped in each bag.
- 1/2 tsp's of thyme and salt, 1/4 teaspoons pepper in each bag.
- Add 3 cups of frozen roasted sweet potatoes to each bag.
- Add 2 cups of apple juice to each bag.
- Close and shake the bags really really well.
- Freeze here.
- To cook:.
- Remove from freezer, dump contents of bag in a large pan, add a little water, about a tbsp., cover, cook 10 minutes, you want it to thaw,uncover and simmer 10 minutes longer.
- Alternatively you can precook the apple and onion when you cook the pork, but then they're softer like the things you buy in the store freezer.