Recipe by ThatCaptJim
Yet another recipe born out of experimentation in the kitchen. This one is savory and different!
- 2 cups ham or 2 cups pork chops, cubed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 3 cups of the chicken stock to boiling.
- Add cubed pork, spinach, and pasta -- cook until pasta is tender.
- In another pan, heat the remaining 1 cup of stock until it is boiling.
- Mix the corn starch and water, then add to boiling stock. Stir until thickened, then remove from heat.
- Gently swirl in the egg into the thickened stock and do not stir until egg is set, 1-2 minutes.
- Carefully add the second pot with the egg mixture into the first pot once the pasta is done to your preference. Remove from heat and add lemon pepper seasoning.
- Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.