Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is so good! To save some chop the peppers and leeks, and slice pork before preparing the dish. Prep time includes chopping veggies, and cooking time is stir-frying time. Adjust all ingredients to taste.
- 6 ounces medium rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot chili paste (or more to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 cup finely sliced leek
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces lean pork, cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- In a bowl, pour boiling water over noodles to cover, let stand for 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, whisk together soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine vinegar, honey and chili paste; set aside.
- In a wok, or large deep skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry curry powder, ginger root and minced garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add in leeks and bell peppers; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add in the pork and shrimp; stir-fry for 4 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink.
- Add in the drained noodles, sauce and bean sprouts; gently toss to combine; stir-fry for 5 minutes, or until noodles are heated through.
This did not rock my boat
Good recipe, but not similar to the Singapore Noodles from my local takeout which are less saucy and more spicy. The dish was mild and flavourful. Prepping everything in advance as recommended made it easy to cook.
DS and I loved these noodles! I cut back on the curry powder to 1 tsp. as I only wanted just a hint of curry flavor, because it's not one of my favorite spices. We will have this again. Thank you!