Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I hadn't added a recipe here in quite a while, so I dug this one out of the ol' recipe file. Sure, it's high in fat, but it's REALLY TASTY! It's especially good when served with potatoes (baked or mashed, though my preference is garlic mashed potatoes) and a green salad.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 12 ounces Italian sausage
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 6 plum tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (or 2 tsp. dried)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Cook the pork chops over high heat till browned on both sides, then set aside.
- Add the sausages, onion, and garlic to the skillet and cook over medium heat till the sausages are browned and the onion's softened (you'll want to turn the sausages two or three times while cooking).
- Return the pork chops to the skillet. Stir in the wine, tomatoes, bay leaf, and parsley, then cover the skillet and cook for about a half an hour.
- Remove the sausages, cut them into thick slices, then return them to the pan and cook until they're heated through.