1/1 Photo of Pork and Sauerkraut Goulash
2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 45 mins
Serve over wide egg noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs pork butt (cubed)
- 1/2 cup flour (for dredging)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 medium onions (finely chopped)
- 5 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 small green pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons hot paprika (or to taste)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups sauerkraut (rinsed, squeezed dry)
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 pint sour cream (for garnish)
- 3 tablespoons parsley (for garnish)
- 1Dredge meat with flour.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet, when hot, add meat and cook until well browned.
- 3Remove and set aside.
- 4In same skillet, saute onion, garlic, and green pepper for 5 minutes.
- 5Add both paprikas and cook for 2 minutes. Add meat to onion mixture and stir.
- 6Add broth, tomatoes, sauerkraut, sugar, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- 7Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- 8Remove Bay leaf
- 9Serve with sour cream and parsley.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork and Sauerkraut Goulash
Serving Size: 1 (975 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1100.1
- Calories from Fat 680
- Total Fat 75.6 g
- Saturated Fat 29.7 g
- Cholesterol 200.2 mg
- Sodium 1959.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 55.5 g