Cook1 hr 45 mins
Serve over wide egg noodles.
Make and share this Pork and Sauerkraut Goulash recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs pork butt (cubed)
- 1⁄2 cup flour (for dredging)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 medium onions (finely chopped)
- 5 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 small green pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons hot paprika (or to taste)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups sauerkraut (rinsed, squeezed dry)
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 pint sour cream (for garnish)
- 3 tablespoons parsley (for garnish)
- Dredge meat with flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, when hot, add meat and cook until well browned.
- Remove and set aside.
- In same skillet, saute onion, garlic, and green pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add both paprikas and cook for 2 minutes. Add meat to onion mixture and stir.
- Add broth, tomatoes, sauerkraut, sugar, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove Bay leaf
- Serve with sour cream and parsley.