Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs pork, 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 12 ounces beer
- 2 (16 ounce) jars sauerkraut
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Melt butter and sauté onions until translucent (5 minutes).
- Add pork;sprinkle with salt and brown slowly, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle with paprika and caraway seeds.
- Add beer; cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Stir in sauerkraut; simmer 15 minutes.
- Add sour cream just to heat.
- Serve with rye bread and beer.
We really enjoyed this. Great flavor Thank you for posting