Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This is a dish my grandmother used to make. The flavor reminds me of stuffed peppers.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup white minute rice, uncooked
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 pork chops
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown both sides of pork chops in olive oil. My grandmother uses butter, but I prefer olive oil.
- Remove pork chops from skillet and place in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Add more butter (or olive oil) to skillet if desired and cook onions and peppers until softened but not translucent.
- Add tomatoes, tomato soup and rice to onion and pepper mixture and simmer for five minutes.
- Pour tomato mixture over pork chops.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.