Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sonoma Diet, Wave 1.
Make and share this Pork and Red Pepper Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 cup bottled roasted red sweet pepper, drained and cut into bite-size strips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1-inch pieces. In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine meat, beef broth, tomatoes, roasted sweet peppers, onion, vinegar, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in zucchini. Cover and cook about 15 minutes more or until zucchini is crisp-tender.