Recipe by JoyfulCook
A really simple stir fry, with loads of flavor and plenty of vegetables, served with Chinese noodles. Easily to prepare ahead and so quick to put together.
Top Review by scimietta99
The flavour of this was good and I would give it more stars if only it had been easier to understand the instructions. They were a bit back to front and maybe need editing a little. We liked it and, even though i didn't use prawns, it still rivalled the best what our local take-a-way has to offer. Thanks x
- 250 g pork loin
- 12 -18 prawns or 12 -18 shrimp, raw
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon light soya sauce
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine, dry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, fresh ground
- 3 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated, fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon light soya sauce, with a dash of dark soya in it
- 3 cups vegetables, of your own choice
- 1 teaspoon cornflour, heaped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pork into thin strips and add the Soya Sauce, Sherry, half the garlic and ginger to the pork, plus the black pepper mix and leave for at least half an hour for the flavors to merge. set to one side while you shell the Prawns if necessary (cooked prawns do not really give the same flavor as raw ones).
- Prepare vegetables, of your own choice, i.e. bok choy, bean sprouts, capsicum, onion, broccoli, asparagus, Chinese leaf, baby corn--a mixture is great. Add the chili, crushed, place to one side.
- Blanche asparagus and broccoli for 2 minutes then add to the other vegetables - this ensures that all the vegetables will cook at the same time.
- In a cup place the stock, sesame oil and oyster sauce together mixing the corn flour with enough water to mix then add to the sauce.
- Drain the marinade off the pork into the stock.
- Heat wok and add half of the oil. Stir fry the vegetables adding the remaining garlic and ginger, plus the chilli flakes - place in warm oven. Add remainder of the oil to wok and quickly stir fry the meat for just a minute or two, adding the prawns for just another few minutes until they change colour, this does not take long add the stock having stirred it first as the cornflour will settle to the bottom and stir until it thickens.
- Toss the vegetables in and quickly stir.
- Serve separately with cooked noodles of your choice.