1/1 Photo of Pork and Prawn/Shrimp Stir Fry
A really simple stir fry, with loads of flavor and plenty of vegetables, served with Chinese noodles. Easily to prepare ahead and so quick to put together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g pork loin
- 12 -18 prawns or 12 -18 shrimp, raw
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce, not dark
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine, dry
- 3 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated, fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 cups vegetables, of your own choice
- 1 teaspoon cornflour, heaped
- 1Cut pork into thin strips and add the Soya Sauce, Sherry, garlic and ginger to the pork, mix and leave for at least half an hour for the flavors to merge. set to one side while you shell the Prawns if necessary (cooked prawns do not really give the same flavor as raw ones).
- 2Prepare vegetables, of your own choice, i.e. bok choy, bean sprouts, capsicum, onion, broccoli, asparagus, Chinese leaf, baby corn--a mixture is great. Add the chili, crushed, place to one side.
- 3Blanche asparagus and broccoli for 2 minutes then add to the other vegetables - this ensures that all the vegetables will cook at the same time.
- 4In a cup place the stock, sesame oil and oyster sauce together mixing the corn flour with enough water to mix then add to the sauce.
- 5Drain the marinade off the pork into the stock.
- 6Heat wok and add half of the oil. Stir fry the vegetables and place in warm oven. Add remainder of the oil to wok and quickly stir fry the meat for just a minute or two, adding the prawns for just another few minutes until they change color, this does not take long add the stock having stirred it first as the cornflour will settle to the bottom and stir until it thickens.
- 7Toss the vegetables in and quickly stir.
- 8Serve separately with cooked noodles of your choice.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork and Prawn/Shrimp Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.4
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 81.4 mg
- Sodium 1474.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 22.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: