Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I combined several recipes that sounded good, and this is what I came up with.
- 4 cups potatoes, sliced
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions, divided
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pork chops, 1 inch thick
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place potato slices in a greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the onions and set remainder of onions aside.
- Combine soup, mustard, broth, garlic, basil, salt and pepper, and drizzle half over the potatoes and onions.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick skillet, brown pork chops. Place chops on top of potatoes and top with remaining soup mixture.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Remove lid and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Top with remainder of onions and bake for 3-4 more minutes, until onions are browned.