Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe doubles well; simply bake in a 9 x 13 inch pan for the same length of time.
- 3 cups frozen ore-ida O'Brien potatoes or 3 cups hash brown potatoes
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheese, chef's choice
- 8 fluid ounces evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In an 8-inch square baking tin that has been sprayed with vegetable oil, place frozen Potatoes OBrien or hash brown potatoes.
- Sprinkle with a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown the sausage, either mild or hot, and drain well.
- Grate enough cheese to make 1½ cups.
- And in a separate bowl whisk together evaporated milk and eggs, along with seasoning salt.
- When potatoes have come out of the oven, layer them with the sausage and cheese and pour the milk/egg mixture over all.
- Bake at 425°F for 30 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 5 to 7 minutes after it comes out of oven.
this was so good!!!! and this is from a person that doesn't like eggs at all. i WILL make it again
This is super nummy and really easy to make! Great for breakfast opr brunch. The easiest quiche I've ever made. Definately a keeper! Thanks for sharing Mille!