Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I had some leftovers from the following recipes, Simple Crockpot Boston Butt By yours truly ;) and Uncle Bill's Fried Potatoes and Onions By Chef#27416. There wasn't enough of either recipe to serve and I didn't want to thow any of it away.So,I combined them both to make what I think is a very good omelet.Please use fried potatoes with onions to achive the correct taste and texture.Serve with fruit or juice for a complete breakfast.Submitted to " ZAAR " on January 19th, 2010.
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cooked pork
- 1⁄3 cup leftover fried potatoes with onion
- 3 tablespoons shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl scramble eggs and pepper well, set aside.
- Mix together pork and potatoes then reheat in microwave for 2 to 3 minutes , keep warm.
- In a skillet large enough to make an omelet, melt margarine over medium heat.
- Add eggs and tilt pan side to side, so eggs evenly coat bottom of skillet.
- Tilt pan, and lift opposite side of eggs, so uncooked eggs will flow to the bottom and cook.
- When eggs are slightly dry, place pork/potato mixture over half of the eggs , cover with remaining half.
- Cook for 3 minutes more or until eggs are done to your satisfaction.
- Remove to plate, and sprinkle cheese evenly over top.