1/4 Photos of Pork and Potato Hash
Perfect for leftover pork loin -- even better if you have a little leftover juices (gravy or pan drippings) from your roast pork. Our family loves this. It's a Jacques Pepin recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 lbs potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons drippings, leftover from your pork roast (if any remains)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 -4 scallions, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -2 1/2 cups leftover cooked pork, diced
- 1 fried egg, for garnish (optional)
- 1Place the sliced potatoes, 1 1/2 cups water, onions, and juice from pork roast in a 12" nonstick skillet.
- 2Bring to a boil, cover, and boil over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- 3Add garlic, scallions, olive oil, Tabasco, salt, Worcestershire and pork.
- 4Mix well and cook, uncovered, over high heat, stirring, for about 5 minutes.
- 5Most of the moisture will have evaporated by now and the mixture should be starting to sizzle. Since the hash will begin to stick at this point, use a heat-resistant spatula to scrape up the crusty bits sticking to the bottom of the pan and stir them into the uncooked mixture.
- 6Continue to cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes.
- 7The mixture will brown faster in the last 10 minutes of cooking and should be stirred every 2-3 minutes.
- 8Turn out onto a large platter (or just bring the skillet to the table) and serve immediately.
- 9Garnish with fried egg on top, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork and Potato Hash
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.2
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 321.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: