Recipe by ElaineAnn
Easy to assemble and throw in the oven, then relax for an hour or so until dinner is ready.
Top Review by 2.picky.kids
This was quick and easy but my chops came out a bit tougher than what I expected -- the potatoes were a huge hit and were even better the day after for lunch! I would recommend spraying the baking dish with cooking spray as I found my potatoes sort of stuck to the bottom of the pan - otherwise perfect. We served with brown-sugar carrots and you would have thought my mother was the one who made supper last night!
- 4 center-cut pork chops (1/2-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- salt and pepper
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) jarheinz homestyle chicken gravy
- 2 -3 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown pork chops in shortening; season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, layer onions and potatoes in an 8-inch square baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour chicken gravy over potatoes.
- Arrange chops over mixture. Cover with foil.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until potatoes and chops are tender.