Chef #334991's Note:
from Pillsbury Good For You Cookbook, 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, if desired
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained, 2 tablespoons liquid reserved
- 3/4 lb boneless lean pork, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 1Cook rice in 1 ½ cups of the water as directed on package.
- 2Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of the brown sugar, the cornstarch, ginger, red pepper, if desired, the remaining ½ cup water, the soy sauce and reserved 2 tablespoons pineapple liquid; set aside.
- 3Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add drained pineapple chunks; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Cook 5 minutes, turning chunks occasionally.
- 4Remove pineapple from skillet; set aside. In same skillet, cook and stir pork over medium-high heat 2 minutes.
- 5Add coleslaw mix; cook and stir 3 to 6 minutes or until pork is no longer pink in the center and cabbage is tender.
- 6Stir pineapple and cornstarch mixture into pork mixture; cook and stir 3 minutes or until pork is glazed and sauce is slightly thickened. Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork and Pineapple Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (522 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.2
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 56.9 mg
- Sodium 834.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 38.1 g
- Protein 22.5 g