1/2 Photos of Pork and Pineapple Kebabs
8 hrs 30 mins
A different twist on the traditional pork and fruit combination. I like to serve this with rice. Cooking time includes marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced and mashed to a paste with
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, trimmed or 1 1/2 lbs pork loin, cut into forty 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oriental sesame oil
- 4 lbs pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into thirty 3/4 inch thick wedges
- ten wooden skewer, 10 inch, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1In a large bowl whisk together the red-wine vinegar, the garlic paste, and the red pepper flakes, add the vegetable oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk the marinade until it is emulsified.
- 2Add the pork, stirring to coat it with the marinade, and let it marinate, covered and chilled, for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- 3In a bowl whisk together the ketchup, the distilled vinegar, the sugar, the soy sauce, the salt, and the sesame oil until the sugar is dissolved and reserve the sauce.
- 4Drain the pork, reserving the marinade, and thread it and the pineapple, alternating them, onto the skewers, using 4 pieces of pork and 3 pieces of pineapple on each skewer.
- 5Brush the kebabs with some of the reserved marinade and grill, basting them for the first 10 minutes with the reserved marinade and turning them, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the pork is just cooked through but still juicy.
- 6Brush the kebabs with the reserved sweet-and sour sauce and grill them, turning them, for 2 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork and Pineapple Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 826.9
- Calories from Fat 440
- Total Fat 48.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 120.8 mg
- Sodium 1037.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 54.6 g
- Protein 31.5 g