Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fresh basil, fresh garlic, and fresh tomatoes make this easy one dish meal awesome! :o)
- 5 ounces fresh linguine (about half a package)
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork, unseasoned
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- Cook linguini in boiling salted water for 2 minutes, drain and keep warm.
- Cut zucchini lenthwise into 1/4 inch slices, then cut each slice into 1/4 inch strips.
- Cook pork and half of minced garlic, cooking and stirring until pork is no longer pink.
- Break up pork into small pieces as you cook.
- Remove pork from skillet and drain off grease.
- In same skillet, heat oil until hot.
- Add zucchini and remaining garlic, and cook and stir until zucchini is tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add tomatoes, basil, and salt and pepper to cooked zucchini, and cook until tomatoes are heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Add pork and linguini, and stir until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Exceptionally good supper! We were in the midst of painting, and got hungry. I had this fixed so fast! I uped the garlic to 4 cloves, love that stuff! Let the zucchini get just crisp tender, and added the fresh tomatoes. SO good. All we added was a loaf of italian bread and glasses of a red rose. Very good!! Thanks Terri!!
Wonderful pasta dish! I doubled the recipe and used the dried boxed noodles. Being single, I love recipes like this that are fast and easy to prepare and can be reheated for leftovers! Thanks Terri, this one's a keeper!