Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a one pot dish and it freezes great if you have more than you need. It's a semi sweet dish but hardy at the same time with the potatoes and parsnips. It's also a medium/low GL meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lb pork loin, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄4 cups orange juice, with pulp
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 small parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Fry onion, garlic and pork for 5 minutes. Add cumin and stir well.
- Add orange juice and water.
- Add the vegetables, cover and cook gently for about 30 minutes.
- Mix the arrowroot with 1-2 tbsp cold water and blend until smooth.
- Take the casserole off the heat and stir in the arrowroot until completely mixed in and casserole starts to thicken.