Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A yummy stick-to-your-ribs dinner that has become one of my favorites! Inexpensive to make-I use pork shoulder steak (the cheap stuff) and the dish turns out wonderfully.
- 3⁄4 lb lean boneless pork (any cut will work)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cups frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 4 ounces egg noodles
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram or 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Trim fat from pork and cut into thin, bite sized strips.
- Cook pork and onion in oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium high heat.
- for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer; Cover and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until noodles are tender.
I made this with broken up spaghetti. I did use the pork shoulder steak. This is yummy! The mix of veggies goes great with the pork. Very easy and it is indeed inexpensive. I will make this again! Thanks TGirl for a very good recipe! :-)
We thought this was very bland.
I love dinners that don't fill up the sink w/dirty dishes, 1 skillet and ta-da-dinner is done! This was delicious! I used thinly sliced boneless pork chops. For the broth I used a bouillon cube mixed w/ boiling water.