Recipe by Nourishing My Life
Ground pork, elbow macaroni, diced tomatoes, onions, cheese, and slightly spicy seasonings. I thought it would taste good with corn chips.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni (approx)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese (approx)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil on medium high heat in a large skillet, add onions and saute for a few minutes. Lower heat to medium and add the pork and heat through.
- Meanwhile, bring water to boil in a medium sauce pan. Add the macaroni and cook according to package directions. Drain.
- When pork is cooked through add tomatoes and lower heat. Add spices and salt and pepper to taste. (Spice measurements are approximate--use however much you like.).
- While macaroni is still hot, add to the meat mixture. Add the cheese and stir. Serve.