- 4 ounces boneless lean pork, thinly sliced
- 2 -3 large green onions
- 1 quart dashi
- 1⁄4 cup miso (if miso is very salty, reduce to 3 tbsp.)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pork slices crosswise into 1/2-inch wide strips.
- Cut green onions crosswise into 1/2-inch lengths.
- Heat dashi to boiling in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook 2 minutes. Mix some of the hot soup liquid into the miso and stir to dissolve. Add the onions and the dissolved miso to the pot, but do not boil after adding miso, just heat through. Ladle into 4 soup bowls. Stir 1/2 teaspoons ginger juice into each serving.